Friday, 23 November 2012

Crafty the Snowman .. 5 Minute Re-usable Decoration

Pin It
Snowman? Gift? or Decoration?
Got 5 minutes to spare? This cute decoration was literally made in that amount of time using an assortment of things I have in my craft supplies.  However, I am not prepared to sacrifice them for the sake of a snowman no matter how cute the end result. I have plans for them later on.
This method is temporary.  At the end of the festive season, it pulls apart and all your goodies are ready to re-use.  If you have a friend who loves filet crochet, what better way to package a neat little gift for her.

Materials Required

3 balls of differing sizes for the body
1 knitting needle
1 bowl or stand to anchor the snowman
piece of Plasticine, fimo or florist oasis to hold the knitting needle steady
1 used Nespresso coffee pod for his hat
2 buttons
8 pins
1 bead






Step 1.  Push a large piece of plasticine down into the bowl.  This holds the knitting needle steady.  Place a piece of paper or card over the plasticine to keep the base of your ball of wool clean.

Step 2.  Thread the balls over the knitting needle

Step 3.  Push the pins through the buttons and through the ball to secure them in place.

Step 4.  Use 2 pins for the eyes.  I used a pin through a red bead for the nose.

Step 5.  Using a number of pins, pin through the base of the coffee pod to hold his hat in place.

Step 6.  Tie a scarf around his neck and he is ready to go.


And like all snowmen, at the end of the season, he can quietly disappear.

Happy crafting and Happy Christmas,
Louise

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook too.


12 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! What a cute craft idea! I'd like to invite you to share this at my Twirl & Take a Bow at www.houseontheway.com. Hope you can stop by!
    Leslie
    houseontheway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the invite Leslie, I've added Crafty to your link party - Deb

      Delete
  2. How cute, I love that all the pieces are still usable! I just made a little snowman out of tin cans the other day, but I glued it all together, so it's definitely not reusable. :-) Stopping by from Sweet Sharing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments Jessi. I've just been to visit your wonderful blog and I can see I'll be spending a lot of time reading through your great ideas - Deb

      Delete
  3. I would like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-10.html

    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite Kathy, Crafty is now proudly added to your blog hop - Deb

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing at my party. Stop by House on the Way tomorrow to see if featured! I'd love for you to grab my button too! Have a great day!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie, I'll drop by tomorrow to have a look. I added your button to our "Link" page http://fitzbirch.blogspot.com.au/p/links.html#.ULQUr2dRG9s

      Delete
  5. I love this idea!! So cute and creative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Kara. We took the opportunity to add "Crafty" to your last blog party. Love all the fabulous ideas that end up on your page!

      Delete
  6. I love this! New follower here. Please come share at my weekly Farm Girl Blog Fest. http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/11/farm-girl-blog-fest-10.html

    I would love to see you there!
    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the follow and invite Lisa. I've added "Crafty" to your blog party and your blog fest button now sits proudly on our link page. - Deb

      Delete

ShareThis