Friday, 21 December 2012

Quick Coffee Cosy

Pin It
The purl bind off creates a nice brim 
In keeping with my quick little series about knitted gift giving, I have made a friend a coffee mug cosy.

Every morning she comes into work holding a *insert very large fast food chain*'s large coffee.  The take-away cup was just asking for a quirky little cosy and so I quickly knitted one for her for Christmas.

I made it the night before I gave it to her and when she effusively thanked me, I felt a bit awkward as it took next-to-no time to make.

The pattern I used is very simple and can be found at  Kureyon Coffee Cozy  It's a great example of the little things that a knitter can make and give as gifts and, as I had the Noro Sock wool in my stash, it really cost me nothing.

I did not use the crochet cast-on and my normal method (cable cast-on) worked well.  It knits up in no time.  In fact, there is still time to knit quite a few for Christmas and, if you made a coffee now, you could knit a cosy by the time it got cold.  Almost!

Noro Cosy
Happy Knitting and Happy Christmas,
Louise

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook too.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Louise, what a fab idea. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Chris. I must say, I am very envious about your 'Shabby Chic' furniture makeovers. They look great and it's something I would love to try. I shall definitely be following your great blog. ...Louise

      Delete
  2. Lovely! Wish I could knit. I'll just live vicariously through your blog. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cozy and pretty in cold days having a fav drink. Love the color too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terrie. I'm thinking of making one for myself now that all the Christmas knitting has been finished. Louise

      Delete

ShareThis