Monday, 3 December 2012

Sequin Christmas Baubles

Pin It

"Less is more" is a saying I firmly believe in...unless it involves lights and sparkles on a Christmas tree.  I like our tree to have bling and these quick and simple decorations are a fantastic cheap way of adding shine to the holidays.







Materials

Polystyrene Balls (purchased from craft shop)
Sequins
Sewing Pins
Ribbon










Method

Using sequin curved side facing down, push pin through centre of sequin into the polystyrene ball.  Continue to cover the ball with sequins, ensuring that they overlap, until ball is completely covered.  Tie ribbon in a bow and attach using a pin.




It really is that simple and these shiny little baubles will refelct the lights from the tree to every corner of your room.


Happy Holidays


Deb

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook too.

 

More FitzBirch Crafty Christmas Ideas

Crafty the Snowman
Crochet Snowflakes
Christmas Tea Cosy




8 comments:

  1. Great post! I really am enjoying your blog and hope you'll come share at my weekly Farm Girl Blog Fest. No prizes for sharing but my favorites get pinned and featured the following week. I hope you'll come share! http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/11/farm-girl-blog-fest-11.html

    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Lisa. Love your blog fest and I've added the sequin baubles, all the while gaining loads of inspiration from the other projects. Thanks so much for hosting! Deb

      Delete
  2. Hi FitzBirch, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from Clever Chicks.

    These are beautiful! I love how you said: less is more, unless it involves lights on the trees! Funny.

    Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne - thanks for your kind words. I love your blog!

      Delete
  3. That is so COOL! I've got to make these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There a lot of fun to make Lyuba and really easy (my 11 year old had a great time helping out with them when she got hom from school). I'm sure your tree will realy sparkle! - Deb

      Delete
  4. I agree with your theory! Love the decorations!! Thanks for linking up at the Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Debi
    Adorned From Above,
    The Busy Bee's,
    Joye and Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Deb! Thank you for sharing at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis