Monday, 14 January 2013

Loom Knit Remote Holder

Pin It
There's a great little gadget that we have in our house called "Star Wars in my Pocket" (you can find them here) and when chaos reigns, the washing basket is overflowing and dinner is burning in the oven, we've found a little voice out of the darkness saying "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope." really can lift the mood!

I've long thought a similar device called "Mother in my pocket" would work particularly well for the oft repeated phrases that mothers always use.  Mine would contain "Have you brushed your teeth?", "Is your lunch box out of your school bag?", "Where's your jumper?" and of an evening "Who's hidden the TV remote?" 

Obviously tired of the search for the TV remote of an evening, Miss 11 decided to take matters into her own hands and with a couple of balls of wool and the long loom knitter has made us a hanger that not only holds two remotes, but is handily placed on the arm of the chair where I usually sit.  Even her older teen brothers were pretty impressed!


Materials
Long Loom Knitter
2 balls of wool (my daughter found some lovely
variegated yarn that we had tucked away in my wool stash that I also recently used for some embroidered placemats)

Method

Using the video instructions from our "Charity Knitting" post (you can find the post here) use the entire length of the 38 pin loom and knit for 45cm (approx 18 inches).  Cast off.
To make pockets, fold up 15 cm (approx  6 inches) at each end of the knitted length and sew side seams in place.

You'll never have to search for  the remote again!

Deb

Other FitzBirch loom knit projects:

Charity knitting scarf
Knifty Loom Knit Leg Warmers
Loom Knit Gauntlets
Loom Knit Market Bag
Loom Knit Socks

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook too.


15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Diana - Loom knitting is really different to "normal" knitting and you don't even have to know how to knit to use a loom...and I've just discovered http://www.dianarambles.com/ - love your blog!

      Delete
  2. I am coming over from a blog hop and am a new follower. Feel free to follow back! You have some cute kniting ideas!
    www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the follow Elise. I'm in the middle of organising a 4 year olds birthday party and I just might borrow some of your baby shower ideas! Deb

      Delete
  3. This is such a great idea! I'm your newest gfc follower and facebook fan. I have a set of looms, but need inspiration;-) I wanted to thank you for stopping by Posed Perfection and leaving me a sweet comment on my Girly Birthday Party Themes post. I hope you'll visit again soon and maybe even follow me back.
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment and follow Nici. I've added you to my follow list - Deb

      Delete
  4. Wao...this is super cute!Love it!Thanks so much for sharing with us!
    Have a fabulous day!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ana - all the best from Australia! Deb

      Delete
  5. Very nice! Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    Bethany @ Whistle and Ivy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you ladies. I've found some really great blogs thanks to your blog hop this week - keep up the great work! Deb

      Delete
  6. Stopping by from Adorned from Above linky party and your newest follower. I love your remote holder too!! I started knitting over a year ago and love it. I am starting my first sweater for my husband.

    This week I shared my first fun fur boa scarf and I am totally addicted to that :-) Here is the link and come on by when you have a moment: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2013/01/fun-fur-boa-scarf.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great blog Alisha - love the boa scarf and can't wait to see how the jumper turns out! Deb

      Delete
  7. Great idea, always looking for the remote. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!



    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis