Friday, 15 March 2013

Mini Cable Wrap

Pin It
I saw this Free Pattern from Lily Chin for a 5 - Way Cable wrap and desperately wanted to make it - but I didn't have enough wool, no where near enough!

I had a few balls (4) of an 8ply denim coloured cotton.  I decided that instead of making a thick, winter wrap, I would make a spring/summer wrap.  Just enough coverage to keep the chill off. It could still be worn in a number of different ways depending on where you positioned the toggle button.  In this case, it became a 4-way cable wrap.

I started knitting with the disappointment you get of having to knit whilst not being sure how far you are going to reach.  I kept watching my wool and when I judged that I had enough to finish by completing a crocheted slip stitch all the way round, I stopped.  This ended up being 90cm as I made sure that I finished at the end of a cable section.

To finish, I started at the top corner, slip stitched all the way round and when I came back to my start point, I chained 12 to form a loop for the toggle button and finished.  From here, it's just a matter of sewing on the button and it's ready to go.

I was very happy though, it's just the right length for a summer cape and looks great with a pair of slim fitting jeans.

I am seriously tempted to purchase enough wool to make the winter version.  It's quite a delightful pattern.

More Cowls & wraps from FitzBirch


Happy knitting,

Louise


Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook and Pinterest too.



  





6 comments:

  1. Adorable your wrap!Love it and the colour is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I love this! It is gorgeous, and the color is so pretty. You did an amazing job. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. Hope you are having a great week! :)
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. Hope you are having a great week as well.

      Delete
  3. Cute wrap! I love the color! Thanks for sharing @ Submarine Sunday!

    Navy Wifey Peters

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis