Sunday, 6 October 2013

Halloween Spiders Web

Pin It
Halloween really isn't a big affair in Australia.  It's actually quite rare if we have any trick or treaters knock on our door, but that doesn't stop me from having a little basket of treats at the ready just in case.  We don't really decorate our houses, but this year I thought it might be cute to put a few spiders webs around the house and garden to get into the spirit of things.






I used a crochet cotton, size 3  crochet hook and based my design on the free pattern from Snowcatcher.  It's simple and incredibly effective.  It really is very much like making a crochet snowflake (you can see my attempts here), but on a larger scale.  I deliberately made my webs so they weren't entirely symmetrical so that they fitted in a little better with the existing, very natural,  spiders webs around my front porch!



I know I'm going to run out of time this year, but I would love to cover our front fence with these webs.  They look very real from a distance and if I added a couple of amigurumi spiders, I just about might manage to creep out the whole neighbourhood.

Happy Halloween

Deb

Thanks so much for visiting.  We'd love to have you join us on Facebook , Pinterest  & Ravelry too.

2 comments:

  1. These are super cool. I just sent the link to my daughter who's learning to crochet as I'm sure she'd love to give them a try! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you really go out of the way making it a special occasion not only for your few trick or treaters but for your family too! The spider webs are beautiful better than any plastic or store bought ones! Thank you so much for sharing them at the Fluster Buster party. Lizy party co host

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis